Scar Jo has also been pro Israel and defended Wood Allen, calling his daughter a liar. She's absolutely gross. But yay she made some comments about objectifying women so lets just swallow all the shit she says regardless of how problematic or flat out racist. Fucking white feminism is so harmful and backwards, and I say this in full knowledge that I used to buy into all that crap.
I like her and then shit like this happens. WHY MUST WHITE FEMINISM RUIN EVERYTHING I LOVE
This is what the internet is for.
You might have been asked this before but would you label yourself a rad fem, lib fem, etc? Also, what do you think about labeling different versions of feminism? What do you think are the pros and cons of such separation of different theologies of feminism?
Here’s my problem: by definitions, I definitely fall on the Radical Feminism side of the Rad VS Lib debate (being critical of systems of power vs trying to gain power within our current systems). BUT Radical Feminism is so inundated with TERFs that I’m super uncomfortable with that label.
I try to practice intersectional feminism, BUT as a white person, it’s inappropriate for me to label myself as an intersectional feminist, so I don’t.
So there isn’t really a tidy label for what “kind” of feminist I am. I’m certainly not opposed to labels though.
if you aren’t a feminist go away
Why would ANYONE think this kind of mentality is okay? It’s like a serious phobia of men!
This is not okay. This is not equality.
Didn’t we learn in elementary school that putting other people down to make yourself feel good is bullying?
This isn’t feminism. This is evil.
Let me just clarify that THIS IS NOT FEMINISM. It is in no way EQUALITY and I feel sad that anyone feels this way.
well, none of the above even claim to be feminists? none of these examples are related to feminism, and most of them can’t even be proven to be written by women, and certainly not by feminists. “manhate” is often a realistic fear of men/using humour to deal with the everyday sexism.
people will do anything to try to bring you onto their side. like framing these messages as something they are not.
This is what people think feminists do. They don’t.
Yes Wonder Woman… Hmm. Why are her boobs bigger than her head tho? …Brainwashing indeed. #Oxymoron
Why should her breasts (COMPLETELY COVERED by a CONSERVATIVE BUSINESS JACKET) have anything to do with her as a character—her intelligence, power or ability to be taken seriously when she speaks? #twat
I’m going to point out that the issue I always hear people have with Wonder Woman is her uniform. But Wonder Woman is a goddamn diplomat, an intelligent woman, and that doesn’t change no matter what she’s wearing. Most of the time, this is how she dresses anyway. You know, like the professional she is. But it’s dismissed. As if showing skin makes her a dumb, useless, blow up doll who can smash.
And let’s fucking face it, if I looked half as good as her I’d wear shorts and tank-tops all year round and that wouldn’t affect my abilities as an engineer any more than her uniform affects her abilities to be everything she is in a business suit.
And furthermore, let me explain something to you about female anatomy.
PEOPLE CAN HAVE BOOBS BIGGER THAN THEIR HEADS.
Does that make them brainwashed? No! That just means they probably have a hell of a harder time finding a bra than you tumblr user iturban.
Seriously, a woman’s intelligence is not determined by her breasts.
The organ that you’re thinking of is the brain.
I don’t even like superhero comics and cartoons and Wonder Woman is still one of the best role models
being a feminist is like trying to fix a giant hole in the wall and discovering that the entire wall is rotting and filled with termites and you have a lot more work to do than you thought you did
And also the termites verbally attack you while you fix the wall.
"NOT ALL TERMITES ARE LIKE THAT"
Why you should be in passionate horny love with Elizabeth ‘Nellie Bly’ Cochrane
- Born in 1864/65, Elizabeth, one of 15 children, was always ‘the rebellious one’. Fierce as fuck from an early age, she testified against her abusive stepfather in her mother’s divorce trial.
- In 1880 she enrolled in a teacher-training college but had to leave after her first semester due to lack of funding - then moved to Pittsburgh to help run a goddamn boarding school.
- This is where we get to the good shit. Age 18, she wrote a letter-to-the-editor of the Pittsburgh Dispatch bitchslapping the everloving fuck out of a sexist ballsack of an article entitled ‘What Girls Are Good For’.
- The editor was so goddamn wooed by her razor-sharp tongue that he RAN AN AD asking her to identify herself. Elizabeth owned up, and was hired instantaneously, her badassery radiating from her pores and intoxicating all within a twenty mile radius.
- Working under the pen-name Nellie Bly, Elizabeth kicked the butts of morons everywhere, writing articles aimed at social justice, particularly labour laws to protect working ‘girls’ and reform of Pennsylvania’s divorce law, which greatly favoured men.
- Not content with changing the world from behind her desk, Elizabeth became a founding mother of investigative journalism. She was expelled from Mexico for exposing political corruption, and henceforth wrapped in cotton wool by her editors. Infuriated by their mollycoddling, Lizzie left them a note essentially telling them to fuck themselves and hot footed it to NYC. She was still only 23.
- Within six months she was hired by Joseph fucking Pulitzer himself, and continued her batshit crazy investigations uninhibited. Her very first assingment had her feigning mental illness to expose repulsive conditions in Blackwell’s Island Insane Asylum. Her cutting report was so fucking horrifying, compelling and persuasive that it triggered public and political action, leading to reform of the institution.
- In the next couple of years she had herself thrown in jail and hired by a sweatshop, all for shits and giggles. Oh, and to uncover incomprehensible injustice, cruelty, poverty, and the concealed, heinous treatment of the vulnerable and voiceless.
- But was pioneering journalism, social revolution and batshit badassery enough for our Liz? Like fuck it was. On a whim Nellie did what any self-respecting 25 year old woman in the 1800s would do - she emulated Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days, and did it in 72.
- Millions followed her journey, and its appeal to a semi-literate populace resulted in greatly increased newspaper readership. So while travelling the entire globe (IN THE 1800s, AS A WOMAN) by ship, train, burro and balloon, she helped the world to read.
- Having essentially conquered the entire goddamn universe before hitting 30, Nellie retired, and wed 72 year old industrialist Robert Seaman. Their marriage was a happy one, and after his death she took over Iron Clad Manufacturing Co.
- But Lizzie was a writer, what would she know about the metal industry? Well, she INVENTED the steel barrel that became the model for the widely used 55-gallon drum and turned her inherited businesses into multimillion-dollar companies, so apparently a fuck ton.
- Furthermore, she set a precedent for working conditions, ensuring her workers had good pay, gymnasiums, staffed libraries, and health care, all completely unheard of at the time, while still writing to further the plight of the Suffragette movement.
- Nellie may have died age 58 of pneumonia, but HBICs live on forever.
Um, holy shit.
any opinion on the show girls and lena dunham?
Text (would be legible on actual shirt):
You have no problem with the gender wage gap. But you hate having to pay for dates.
You insist that it’s a scientifically proven fact that men are stronger than women. But you complain about society believing that it’s worse for a man to hit a woman than for a woman to hit a man.
You believe that the age of consent is unfair and that there’s nothing wrong with having sex with teenage girls. But when you find out that a teenage girl enjoys sex, you believe she’s the biggest slut in the world.
You hate when a woman automatically assumes that a man is a douchebag before getting to know him. But when you like a woman who likes another man, you assume he’s a douchebag just because he’s not you.
You believe that if women want equality, they should be drafted into the military. But you also believe that the military is not a place for women.
You hate when women assume that men are like wild animals. But you believe that a woman who doesn’t cover up and make herself invisible to men is just like someone wearing a meat suit around wild animals.
You hate the fact that men are bullied for not conforming to their male gender roles. But when you find out that a man disagrees with your beliefs about women’s rights, your immediate response is to try to emasculate him by comparing him to a woman as an insult.
You hate when women assume that there are no nice guys. But you call yourself a nice guy and act like it’s a rare quality that should cause women to be all over you.
You hate when women assume that men just want to get laid. But when you find out that a man is a feminist, you assume that he’s just doing it to get laid.
You hate when women make generalizations about all men. But when a woman calls you out for being sexist, you claim that all men think like you.
You insist that women should be responsible for protecting themselves from being raped. But when they follow the one piece of advice that actually works, which is being aware of red flags, you complain about them assuming that all men are rapists.
This is too fantastic.